TrendStone Quartz® is an engineered stone manufactured from up to 93% quartz, one of the hardest materials on earth, which is then combined with advanced polymer resins and pigments and compacted under heavy pressure to form a naturally strong and non-porous stone slab. This process also make TrendStone Quartz® surfaces a very stain resistant easy care surface.
TrendStone Quartz® has high stain resistant however it is important to point out that it is not stain proof. Although with general care and common sense TrendStone Quartz® surfaces will offer you many years of service and enjoyment. Below is a list of tips and recommendations that will assist you in caring for your new TrendStone Quartz® surface.
Tips for general day to day cleaning:
- Small amount of mild (ph neutral) detergent with a damp soft sponge or
- Methylated spirits diluted with water in a spray bottle (approx. 60/40). Spray over the surface and wipe over with absorbent paper towel or
- Windex and absorbent paper towel.
For more stubborn stains:
- Remove any solids that may have adhered to the surface with a plastic scrapper. Then try some mild detergent and water and work with a soft sponge (do not use the scourer side of the sponge as this may damage the surface).
- If the stain still persists you can try gumption. Dilute the gumption with some water to a slurry consistency and work into the stain with a damp soft sponge (do not use the scourer side of the sponge). Apply the sponge atlight to medium pressure, as gumption is an abrasive cleaner and very heavy scrubbing could alter the polished surface.
- Whenever using a cleaning product/process it is always recommended to test on a small, less noticeable area before use, so as to avoid any unwanted damage to the stone surface.
- For further assistance in removing persistent stains please contact a specialist such as a stone fabricator/restorator.
General do’s and don’ts:
- Do wipe up spills as quickly as possible.
- Do not place harsh chemicals such, eg. oven cleaners, paint strippers on your stone surface as these types of harsh chemicals will damage your stone.
- Whilst Quartz surfaces are heat resistant and can withstand moderately high temperatures it is recommended that to avoid any risk of thermal shock that you do not place crock hot pots or electric skillets directly on to your TrendStone Quartz® surface. Always use Trivets/Hot pads.
- Do not use harsh scourers on your stone surfaces.
- Do not cut on your TrendStone Quartz® surface. Always use a cutting board.
We trust that you find this care & maintenance guide is informative and further provides you with peace of mind knowing that your new TrendStone Quartz® surface will offer you many years of service and satisfaction.